Owner registration and identification
Your Dealer will complete your warranty card and register your motor for warranty. This card identifies you as the legal owner of the product and serves as your warranty registration. If this procedure is not followed, your outboard motor will not be covered by warranty.
Parsun Product’s are fully guaranteed against defective materials and workmanship for the period from the date of purchase, provided that the purchase has been registered in accordance with the above and the motor is fully maintained as per the schedule in the owners manual. Evidence of servicing will be required.
The limited warranty will not apply to the normal wear and tear of parts, adjustments, tune-ups or to any damage caused by, but not limited to:
- Use or operation NOT conforming to the instructions described in the owner’s manual.
- Participation for racing or other competitive activities
- Water entering the engine
- Damage from accidents, collisions, contact with foreign materials, or submersion.
- Growth of marine organisms on the motor surfaces
- Any other careless use or operation
- Normal deterioration
- Not keeping to the recommended service schedule
- After salt water use the engine must be flushed with tap water
The limited warranty does not cover maintenance items. The following items are a few examples not covered:
- Spark plugs, Anodes, trim tabs, propeller, fuel filter, oil filter, carbon brushes,
- Starter rope, shear pin, bolt nut washer, wire cable, rubber goods,Impellor, oil
- Seals, “O” rings, fuel hose, primer bulbs, vinyl tube etc.
The limited warranty will become void of the product has been altered, modified or repaired by anyone other than a company or service firm authorized by Hurricane Products. The limited warranty will cover only your Parsun product not the boat the product is mounted on, the trailer, equipment or accessories.
The warranty will only cover the repairs acknowledged by the warranty not any transport, Haul-out, launching, storage charge, telephone or rental charges of any type, inconvenience or loss of time and income.
Motors taken out of New Zealand have a one year warranty on parts only.
Period of Limited Warranty
Private use: 3 years from date of purchase
Non-Private use: If any Product is purchased or used for rental or other commercial purposes, or for/by a corporation, partnership, company, organization or association including without limitation camps, clubs, resorts, schools or the like, then the term of this Limited Warranty is limited to a period of 6 months after the date of original retail purchase.
Please Note: Warranty will only cover Parsun Outboard’s that have been purchased through Hurricane Products dealership network. Rebranded or backdoor imports are not covered by this warranty. To make sure when buying your Parsun purchase off a Genuine and registered dealership. To check on the dealership being registered please feel free to contact the NZ Distributor : Hurricane Products, Ph (06) 759 1990.